Friday, September 24, 2010

San Diego

        So I've spent the past 3 days with my dad in San Diego. Here we surfed mission beach, toured a retired aircraft carrier, went down to do some shopping in Tijuana, and explored a lot of the downtown area and gaslamp district. Also, tonight I decided to try my hand a street performing. I went out on the corner of 5th and Broadway with my guitar, harmonica, and a tin cup. I was only out there for about 30 minutes but I made $2.73 and danced with an awesome stranger =) Today I also learned that almost all Mexican candy is coated in a spicy powder and tastes like all the contents from the bottom of a hamster cage blended together. Haha I'll be sure to put up pictures and videos of the trip soon. It's been an amazing trip and I can't imagine a better way to have spent the rest of my time here.

         For dinner today we met with an old friend, Sheril Brasher, to catch up and talk about the DTS I'm starting tomorrow. 4 years ago, Sheril went through a DTS in the same location as mine. Now she's a full time YWAM staff member working in San Diego. It's been really awesome to see how much her life has been changing after the DTS four years ago and how much she learned to trust in God in all aspects of her life. I'm so ready to finally go to Ensenada tomorrow and start this new chapter in my life. There are so many emotions that accompany the excitement and the time spent waiting since my acceptance into the school has been an emotional roller coaster. But I know that God has his hands on this upcoming school and this will be a life changing experience.

2 comments:

  1. Nick, Thank you for the postings and keeping us informed on whats happening in your life. You will be in our prayers and thoughts, always. I am so glad you and your dad had the time together in SD. Hey, street performing is great. We all love you,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! God has his hand on you and your plans! Can't wait to keep up with your journey throught this blog. Great post! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete